img Nigerialog.com - Nigeria's Premier Online Forum - Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches
Welcome, Guest.
Did you miss your activation email?

Date: January 21, 2019, 09:32:02 PM

Contact
imgimgimg

Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches : Sports : Nigerialog.com - Nigeria's Premier Online Forum

115 views

Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches

By: Ramjoe (M) |Time : October 30, 2018, 03:29:03 AM
Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr has called up stand –in Captain Ahmed Musa and 22 other players for next month’s crucial 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match between the Super Eagles and South Africa’s Bafana Bafana in Johannesburg.

The same group will prosecute the friendly encounter against the Cranes of Uganda at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba three days later.

Former U17 World Cup – winning forward Victor Osimhen returns after a long time out, with another U17 World Cup winning forward Samuel Chukwueze earning a first call. Midfielder Mikel Agu, who played some part in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, and home –based defender Adeleye Olamilekan Aniyikaye are also called; otherwise the Franco –German tactician has kept faith with the group that decimated Libya’s Mediterranean Knights over two legs earlier this month.

Midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, who is ineligible for the match after bagging yellow cards in the away matches against Seychelles and Libya, has been left out. Rohr expects tough Libya rematch Francis Uzoho and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are among three goalkeepers; Olaoluwa Aina, William Ekong, Leone Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo are included among eight defenders; Oghenekaro Etebo and John Ogu are listed among three midfielders and; Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo, Samuel Kalu and Alex Iwobi are among nine forwards. Henry Onyekuru and Junior Lokosa are listed among five standby players.

Source

Vanguardngr

Re: Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches

By: Ramjoe (M) |Time : October 30, 2018, 03:35:43 AM
Against the Bafana Bafana, I want the Eagles to be Super. We were crushed in Uyo, I don't want a repeat of that. Instead I hope we finish them in their backyard too.

One thing though, we will miss the energy and tackles of Wilfried Ndidi, his workrate will definitely be missed. I hope some other guy, John Ogu, maybe sees this as a chance to create a good impression and have a good time.

Qualification is in no doubt, but I want a win even if it's just for the bragging rights. I want a win in Johannesburg. Naija all the way.

Re: Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches

By: dayan (M) |Time : October 30, 2018, 03:46:45 AM

Seconded powerfully!
The boys need to fire a warning to would-be cup co-contestants in the nations cup proper.

Re: Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches

By: Gideon |Time : October 30, 2018, 11:38:54 AM
The omission of Mikel obi is a clear sign that his time in the eagles is almost up.

Re: Rohr names Musa, Ighalo, 21 others for South Africa, Uganda matches

By: alagbe003 (M) |Time : October 31, 2018, 01:28:03 PM
Nigeria will crush South Africa at the FNB stadium, it was a one-off at the God'swill Akpabio stadium Uyo, Nigeria will regain her lost glory and hopefully win the rebranded 24team Afcon in Cameroon come June next year.

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. Reply